03/01/2020

Jak Kilby (1947-2020) R.I.P.

Tragic news for this beginning of 2020: great artistic photographer JAK KILBYwho documented London's jazz music in the Sixties (taking also some photos of Mike Taylor in 1967), died today at London's King's College Hospital at 73.
These below are the sad words of his daughter Safiyah:

"It is with a heavy heart that I must announce that my father, Muhsin Kilby, also known as John Alan Kilby and Jak Kilby, passed away this morning at King’s College Hospital, London, Friday January 3rd 2020.
He always fought for justice & peace especially related to Palestine, and actively helped people regardless of background, and will always be the kindest, most calm and gentle man I have ever met. I am lucky to have had such a father, teacher and also one of my first best friends.
Please keep him in your prayers, regardless of faith, and if any of you would be able to attend his funeral and share news of his passing, with others, it would really mean a lot to us. Please feel to message any of us, but phone calls are hard to deal with for now. We’ll post more information when we have it. Most likely the funeral will be tomorrow (Saturday, January 4th)."

Muhsin Kilby
29th April 1947 - 3rd January 2020
R.I.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment